Sunday, April 29, 2007

Undercover Princess

The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs with God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, in order that we may also be glorified with Him. Romans 8:16-17

As a little girl I was fascinated by crowns. I remember my mom having a round powder container that had a metal ring around the outside that was about the same size as my head. So when she had used all the powder I worked all afternoon trying to break the plastic and free the metal circle that looked like a crown. I finally succeeded and would play with that make believe crown for hours. I would pin it to my thick hair with Bobbie pins and pretend that I was a princess. I would also play with my mom's old prom dresses. I loved the ones with the crinolines. I just knew that I was going to marry Donny Osmond. (right!)

I am an heiress. A co-heir with Christ. A co-heir with the Prince of Peace. Doesn't that make me a princess? I believe that it does. It is so easy to forget who we really are. We think that the life we have here is reality and that eternity is a distant dream. When really this world is surreal and bizarre and eternity is reality. Who we are in eternity is who we really are....now. I am not really a middle aged squishy women. (really I'm not) I am an eternal woman of God. A Christ follower. A princess and I will spend all eternity in the court of the King of Kings in worship and fellowship and sharing in His glory. The reality is that being a princess in the spiritual sense is not about frilly gowns and magnificent crowns and the pomp and circumstance that we think of here. It is a life that looks like Christ. A life that shares in His sufferings.

We are undercover princesses here. Sufferings................then glory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had dinner with a business associate last night and we were talking about how enlighten we become as a result of suffering. In the midst it is hard to see as a blessing sometimes but when you come the other side and look back it is so amazing to see the two sets of footprints become one as God carries you through.
Love ya sis