Monday, April 16, 2007

Sunflower Girl

I grew up in Kansas. I am a mid west farmer's daughter. Except my dad was not a farmer. He sold bolts and nuts to farmers for their grain silos. That's as close as I get to being a farm girl. I grew up in the suburbs of Kansas City. I know very little about rural life although I am fascinated by it. I remember when we use to drive to Colorado for vacation and we would drive through western Kansas where you could see for miles and miles. It was flat as a board.You knew it was bad when the occasional herd of cattle was cause for excitement. One of the things that I remember is the endless fields of sunflowers. It was stunningly beautiful. The Sunflower is the state flower of Kansas so this particular flower has a special place in my heart.

The neat thing about sunflowers is that they lift their heads to greet the sun. My prayer is that I will lift my head to greet the Son each morning and that feeling the rays of His love of grace will be enough for me.

I am a sunflower girl..........a Kansas chick!!!!!

No comments: