Monday, April 9, 2007

Only One Thing Going for Me!!!!

Yesterday was Easter.
Resurrection Sunday.
The day Jesus Christ the Son of God rose from the dead.
We serve a risen Savior.

I have been thinking today of the Resurrection power of Christ which He exerts over believers, the same power that raised Jesus from the dead and have remembered with thankfulness the times in my journey where I have experienced this power afresh. It started when I accepted Christ as my Savior and Lord and my life became new. And I have experienced it numerous times throughout my life in broken relationships that were made new and tragic circumstance that seemed impossible. He is the acclaimed fixer of all things broken, the healer, the lover of our souls. It is amazing to me that He chose process over an instant becoming like Him. He wants to be in relationship with me. He wants me to be dependant on Him. He wants to hear from me and for me to listen as I walk. To experience Him in the good times and to have my faith stretched to the max in the times of trial. He is using all things, good and bad to change me and to make me more like Him. He is an amazing God and an unfailing friend. He loves me and wants the best for me. He understands my heart and my motives when others have questioned them. He has planted things in my heart, things that are pleasing to Him and are part of his overall purpose in this world. There is no one like Him. He's True!!!!!! He has shown me His true colours again and again. His character is matchless and firm. He is totally reliable.

Thank you Jesus for the sacrifice you made on our behalf which allows us to be in right relationship with God the Father, and for the joyous privilege of serving you. You are my best friend and I am thrilled that I get to spend all eternity in your presence.

After this Easter I have the come to the understanding that really I have one thing going for me.
The priceless blood of Christ that covers me and because I am covered with His blood God sees His Son when he sees me. That's it. That's all........That's enough. I am loved. I am accepted. It is to much for my mind to comprehend. Thankfully I have all eternity to contemplate it and the cool thing is that in heaven I will be able to contemplate it with Him sitting across from me hopefully over a ice cold diet coke. Oh ya forget the diet part.

No comments: