Sunday, May 20, 2007

10 lbs of Love!

This is Phoebe. I should say "Princess" Phoebe. Or maybe I should say "the dog who thinks she is human" Phoebe. She is my sweetie and I love her immensely. I can always count on her being happy to see me.

Today we took Phoebe and her sister Bianca the Beagle to a leash free park. This is first time I have experienced this doggy free for all. There were dogs everywhere. Big dogs. Little dogs. Phoebe was the smallest- in size not in personality. She has an addiction. She loves her ball and Lord help the person or the dog that comes between her and her ball. She took on a boxer named Bosco today. Bosco was only about 10 times her size. She certainly had the respect of the dog population and the laughter of the human population. Bless her heart she hardly has any front legs, but can she move. It was a great way to enjoy the afternoon of sun.

I sit on a love seat in my living room to have my quiet time each morning and once I have settled in my seat Phoebe will jump up beside me and assume her position. (Now I am not implying anything weird here so don't panic). I am sure that Phoebe loves Jesus. I suspect this because once when I was sick in bed Phoebe insisted on being right by my side. I was bored out of my mind being in bed for several days and so I began reviewing any Bible verses I had memorized. I noticed that Phoebe was paying very close attention to me and so I decided to practise sharing the gospel. She listened to every word. I was actually very touched. Not many people listen to me ramble on and on-nope she hung right in there. So I just said to her, "I don't want to alarm you but I don't think you have a soul but just in case I am going to ask you, "Is there any reason why you won't ask Christ to be Lord of your life right now"? She just stared at me so I took that as a no and asked her to pray silently as I led her in prayer. At that point Garry came in and said, "You must truly be delirious." You may laugh but she would insist on attending the Wednesday night Bible study for women that I held at my home. All the ladies loved both of my dogs as they would sit quietly for the hour of bible study.

I know this is nonsense but I thought I would just share that I love this little critter. She is a friend indeed. A gift from the Lord. She makes me laugh and fills me heart with joy each morning.

One last Phoebe anecdote. We went on a family vacation a while back and of course "little bit" had to come with us and of course she had to sit on my lap. I was trying to sing along with Mariah Carey ( it was not pretty). Phoebe looked at me and started singing along in doggy style. She actually did a better job then I did. We all laughed so hard. What a helpful dog. She just would not let me be humiliated alone. Now that is a true friend.


1 comment:

Kimberley McGibbon said...

Your post made me laugh! I think it is even funnier when you know Phoebe. I bet your prayer made Jesus laugh too. Remember he created our crazy sense of humour!

Love

Kimberley