Friday, May 4, 2007

Oh Where Is My Hairbrush?

I have a confession to make. I still do this.........

I can't resist the urge to sing into my hairbrush. It all started when I was a little girl and I wanted to sing in the choir just like my mom. Then the first time I saw someone singing a solo I thought to myself, "I want to do that". So I started practising in the mirror with whatever I had in my hand. (I sometimes even sang into my curling iron).

My first solo in church was when I was 16 and I will never forget what happened.......I forgot the whole second verse so I la-la-laed until the chorus came back around. Thankfully the congregation had pity on me and let me sing again.


Eventually the bathroom practising paid off as about a year later a really great looking guy started attending our church and he had a great voice. So, of course, I had to sing with him. And you know what ... I still am. Garry and I will be married 24 years this September.
The song was "Boundless Love".

I totally felt it. Ha Ha!!!




2 comments:

Kimberley McGibbon said...

Okay I too must confess that I sing into my hairbrush! And I love when Larry Boy sings "Oh where is my hairbrush?" We could start new trend. Hairbrush Karaoke!

Are you in???

Anonymous said...

Hey Anita,

Your blog inspired me...check out my revived blog at www.inspiredidiocy.blogspot.com!

Blessings,
Leslie S.