Thursday, March 22, 2007

I didn't know I could move so fast!!!!!

Earlier this evening we stopped by a friends house to say hi. We were discussing some of the funny videos that we had seen on the Internet when Mr. Friend decided to show me his favorite. The video clip loaded and there I was sitting at the desk in their living room looking at this clip of a small car with white smoke coming out of the tailpipe. Mr. Friend said," Keep your eye on the smoke so you don't miss it". I leaned in not wanting to miss whatever was going to happen. All of a sudden this very scary face pops on the screen. I didn't know that I could scream that loud nor did I know that I could move so fast. As I was laying on the floor of their living room with my heart pounding I heard the other three laughing like crazy. I scared their children half to death and it took me a good 5 minutes for my heart to stop pounding. VERY FUNNY!!!!!!

Life has startled me a bit, especially lately. Things happen you never expected. You jump back, even fall on the floor with your heart pounding. But thank God.......you eventually get up and carry on.

No matter what life brings us we can rest knowing that God sees it all before it comes our way. He is never startled. You will never catch Him by surprise. He never screams like a girl. He is a rock that we can lean on when we are taken by surprise. I am exceedingly thankful that He has promised us that He will never allow more than what we can handle, that all things work together for good for those that love Him, that He never wastes anything and will in fact use everything to conform us into the image of His Son, and most of all that He is still for us even when others aren't. He is a faithful God.

HMMMM........Maybe God allows us to be startled because He wants us out of the position we are in so that we have to go where He wants us to go. Lord, when you desire to move us......help us to move with lightening speed straight into the center of your will.

As far as Mr. Friend goes...........you do not have the last laugh. It's all on now.

3 comments:

Angie Spradley said...

Anita, I love reading your blog. Have I told you how much I miss you. I am so excited for you and Garry and the "kids" and your new adventure. God has worked so much in your lives and it has been so exciting to hear about what He has done. I wish we were closer, but I know God has us all where He wants us!! Please let us know when you are this way, we would love to see you all and make more memories together!!!

Angie Spradley said...

Anita, I love reading your blog. Have I told you how much I miss you!!! I am so excited for you, Garry and the "kids" and the new work you all are doing. I wish we were closer, but I know God has each of us where he wants us. Let us know when you are coming for your next visit. We would love to see you and make more memories. Our favorite all time memories are of our college days with our closest friends. Love you guys and keep in touch. Keep writing and I will keep reading!!!

Angie Spradley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.