Monday, July 2, 2007

True Confessions of a Bible Sniffer!

I have a serious addiction. I love books. One of my favorite get aways is a book store. Preferably a Christian bookstore but I have been know to spend hours in a Chapters bookstore as well. It is like a spa day for me. I especially love picking up a Chai Tea Latte from Starbucks then browsing through the rows of books. I love historical fiction, biographies, and children's books.
I love the smell of books. I have been known to flip the pages of a new book and sniff it. Yes I know that it is ridiculous. But.....I love it. You know that you have a problem when your friends know this about you and want you to sniff their Bible. My friend Kimberley P. received a new Bible after home church one night from her husband and she had to come back in the house to show it to me and to let me sniff it. Which I did and enjoyed immensely. My idea of a great holiday is a chair on a beach and a book. Preferably a real thick saga. When I read I truly escape.
So I guess it will not surprise you that I have many many bibles. I have most translations. All sizes and shapes. I am so tempted when I am in the book store to check out whats new in the Bible department. They have come out with some of the coolest Bibles. I adore the red leather briefcase Bible. It is smashing. No, I didn't buy it. But I sure wanted to.
My husband says that I need to join of support group for Bible addictions. I think it is called Bible study. So I think that I will take him up on that. Ha Ha
At the end of this month Garry and I are taking a 4 day Precepts course where we will learn to study the Bible inductively and we are so excited. I have wanted to do this for years and years and the fact that I get to do this with Garry is so cool. There is nothing more important then knowing Jesus and that happens when you spend time with Him in His Word. So I guess if there is an allowed addiction it would probably be the Bible.
Take a deep breath of His Word. It is OK to be a Bible sniffer.

No comments: