Monday, September 24, 2007

People are like Creme Brulee

Have you ever met someone who is just hard. You wonder if there is anything tender or sweet about them at all. I was eating one of my favourite deserts when it hit me that I have an acquaintance that is like Creme Brulee. She is hard and a bit abrasive. And then the moment of truth, you crack through that hard outer shell and you find yourself enjoying the sweet treat underneath. She is adventurous and rebellious, say what she thinks and stands her ground. She is truly a free spirit. We have had completely different lives. I have played it safe....she has thrown caution to the wind. I have something to learn from her and I am sure she could possibly learn something from me.....maybe. I would have missed it if I would have wrote her off as too hard to get to know. Big lesson!!!!!! Spend enough time with people to get to really know them and life will be sweeter and maybe just a bit more adventurous. You are never too old to make a friend. While it is a safe bet that you will not see me sky diving......I am going to try something new.....like try to enjoy art or walk somewhere that takes me all day........

Do you know a creme brulee kind of person? Stay long enough to break through the hard topping and get to know them.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hi Anita,

I love this devotional, it is so worth breaking through the shell to get to enjoy the new creation below.

Love Ya,
Michelle